Finally a US citizen

I have come a long way since I landed in this country with two suitcases on August 17, 1990. I had no idea where I was going except that I was going to do my Master’s program at Colorado State University. Did not even know where Colorado was.

On July 3, 2008, I finally became a US citizen. The path to US citizenship was arduous, but it was definitely worth it. We had a sigh of relief last Thursday when we took the oath at Faneuil Hall in Downtown Boston, because we had turned the final page of this long chapter of our life. It was very timely, because the next day we celebrated the first independence day of this great nation as US citizens.

This is a great country that welcomed me with open arms and gave me the tremendous opportunities I have had to this date. My travels have taken me to 13 countries, I can confidently say there is no country that is on par with my new homeland.

God bless America !!

Liked this article? Leave me comments – I would love to hear your thoughts – or get an RSS Feed to this blog at http://productmanagementtips.com/feed
Bookmark and Share

12 Responses to Finally a US citizen

1. Congratulations, Gopal. I thoroughly enjoy your posts on PM. Welcome home!

Derrek

2. Gopal Shenoy says:

Thanks Derrek

3. Gabi Jack says:

Congratulations, Gopal! And I also want to thank you for something else… I just read that other article you wrote some time ago, when you left SolidWorks. Thank you! It inspired me.

Gabi

4. Hello,
    Happy for you!

I share your experience and feelings.

Came to the USA with 3(!) suitcases but more suitcases of desire and dream:-)not afraid of hard work.Can relate to you.
    Today am an Entrepreneur and my son works at the Harvard University.
    Haven’t I seen you on the Charles River watching spectacular fireworks last Friday?:-)

Only the Very Best,
    Teresa

5. Neale says:

Congratulations, and welcome!

neale@bebozole.com

6. Michael Ray Hopkin says:

Congratulations Gopal! I’m happy for you and wish you the best. -Michael

7. Apurva Sanghavi says:

Congrats! I became at citizen back in 1994!

8. Eric D says:

Gopal — That’s awesome news. Welcome to the salad bowl!

9. Ken Maren says:

Congratulations.

10. Jeff Lash says:

And just in time for July 4 as well — congratulations!

11. Congratulations!
    Brought some Amrutanjan and “taal” for you, from your old homeland! :-)
    Whenever we meet next.