I am looking to hire a Product Manager who has minimum 4 years of experience doing software product management (mostly consumer) to join my team doing product management for International products at Care.com. Details below. You MUST have 4+ years of experience to be considered. If you or anyone you know is interested, please send me your resume to gshenoy (at} care [d o t) com.
The international group is small (total of 7), follows an agile development process and is very fast paced. We launched in the UK last month and will be launching in other countries very soon.
Product Manager based in Waltham, MA
Care.com is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its International Product Management team in the position of Product Manager. The individual will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and overseeing the implementation of features and functionality of Care.com‘s international websites. The ideal candidate must have previous experience developing product requirements for an online, consumer service. In addition, the candidate must be able to effectively manage cross-functional teams of stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Ownership of product requirements for Care.com’s online product offerings for international markets. This includes the requirements gathering process, requirements documentation, and the ongoing maintenance of requirements as the business context evolves.
- Working directly with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure that a successful product is delivered.
- Working with business owners to understand and document the product requirements.
- Working with engineers to communicate product requirements, make trade-offs, and oversee the product implementation and testing process.
- Working with marketing to understand marketing plans and strategy and ensure the site and reporting platform support those plans.
- Working with the member care team to ensure that product support concerns are addressed in the product requirements.
- Working with the finance team to ensure that any revenue generated from the product is accounted for correctly.
- Driving cross-functional teams to deliver a product which is on-time and in compliance with the product requirements.
- Assist Director of Product Management in creation of product roadmap for international products.
- 4+ years of product management experience REQUIRED.
- Experience working for a company/organization that develops and runs an online service, preferably a consumer-oriented service.
- Experience working directly with customers in doing market research and usability testing.
- Experience writing product requirements documents and functional requirements documents. This includes experience developing wireframes using tools such as Balsamiq or other similar tools.
- An understanding of Information Architecture and a passion for defining a highly-usable online experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams, solve complex problems, and produce high-quality results.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting requirements of an online product.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to roll up the sleeves and work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to travel internationally as required to meet with customers (travel expected to be less than 5%)
- BA/BS degree in engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of German, French or any other languages considered a plus.