Announcing my product management workshops in India (Bangalore and Hyderabad)
December 23, 2010 2 Comments
I am very pleased to announce that I will be in India to conduct 2-day product management workshops in Bangalore (Feb 1-2) and Hyderabad (Feb 4-5) early next year. I will be offering these workshops via Adaptive Marketing Inc. that I had introduced in my earlier post.
In the past couple of years, many readers who were looking to make a switch into product management had written to me asking for my recommendations on how to go about making the transition from the technical side to product management. It was clear from these questions that there was a dearth of training in product management in India. So when Adaptive Marketing reached out to me a few weeks back to explore possibilities, I knew that offering product management workshops would be the right thing to do. So for all those readers who either have asked me such questions before or are considering transitioning to product management, this workshop will be tailored just for your needs. I will be drawing on all the lessons learnt from my 14 year career doing software product management in this workshop – so it is not going to be just theory, but filled with real world examples.
Here is the outline.
Fundamentals of product management
- What is product management?
- Product lifecycle phases
- Roles and responsibilities of product managers
- Differences between project management and product management
- How to successfully transition from project management to product management
Product Management Organization
- Product Management vs. Product Marketing
- Product management in startups vs. large companies
- SaaS software product management vs. shrink wrap software product management
Market Research and Analysis
- Market research and analysis skills using qualitative methods (customer visits, interviews etc.) and quantitative methods (user surveys)
- Who do you talk to? Where do you find them?
- How to determine what to build?
- Value Creation
- Writing business cases
- User personas
Product Design & Usability
- Product experience vs. customer experience
- Importance of product design and usability
- Best practices of writing requirement documents
- Product design – wireframes, mockups, working prototypes
- Market validation
- Build, buy vs. partner
- Product Development processes
- Working with engineering
- Working in an Agile environment
- Market validation of the built product – usability testing, alpha programs, running Beta programs etc.
- Pivoting your product based on the initial market success
Go to Market Plan
- Preparing for product launch
- Alignment with internal cross functional teams
- Working with Product Marketing and Marketing Communications
- Measuring market success
- Quantitative measurements
- Qualitative measurements
- Future releases of your product
Product Management Career
- Technical skills needed for success as a product manager
- Soft skills needed for success as a product manager
- How to successfully manage your product management career so that you are positioned for success long term.
Who should attend:
- Service delivery
- Project management
- Program management
- Quality Assurance
and even current Product Managers who want to further enhance their skills.
$990 per person. $850 if registered before Dec 31st. (Less than half of what other US based professionals charge in India and 1/3rd of what workshops in the US cost).
If you are interested, please register on Adaptive Marketing’s website. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to address them.