I have been thinking lately of all the software tools and resources I use everyday to get my job done and to get better as a software product manager – here is my list in no priority order.
1) MS Office
4) GotoMeeting, Webex – to have customers take a look at early mockups, do usability testing, review comments on specs from customers in real time, webinars etc. – GotoMeeting rocks, webex and live meeting suck.
5) Photoediting software – Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro etc. – to do very quick mockups of concepts
6) Snagit – I can’t tell you much I love this tool
8. Salesforce.com – to get customer contact info and understand what products has the customer bought etc.
9) Internal Bug database – report bugs, do bug mining before I land up at a customer site.
What I read regularly though not as much as I want:
I would love to hear other great tools or resources you have found very useful as a software product manager.